Sunday, April 30, 2017

Paxton Is 2?!?

The night before my childen's birthdays are always a reflective time for me, a little bitter sweet.
I get emotional about my babies,
but hey, what else is new?:)
I spent the night before Paxton's 2nd birthday gazing longingly at pictures of him when he was itty-bitty. 















Then, I read this post about the day he was born, and all those tender feelings came flooding back.  
I love babies, and I especially love those precious moments holding them in the hospital after they are born.  
As you hold them and look into their eyes, you get a sense of who they are, what they can become, and how lucky you are to be their Mom.
Such a heaven-like experience.

We adore you Paxydoodle!
Paxton, right now you like choo-choo trains, puppies, cookies, snuggling, legos, to be sung to, baths, and books.
I love how you twiddle your hair when you are tired or drifting off to sleep. 
Your favorite words are "cookie", "puppy", "choo-choo train" and oddly enough "Bill Nye, which we all think is so cute, and we laugh every time you say it. 
(we don't have TV or Netflixs, so we pick up a few DVDs at the library each week, and the boys are on a real Bill Nye kick:))
I love your squeaky giggle and sweet sweet smile.
Paxton you have a winner smile.  
You can't gaze at those "moon-eyes" and cheesy grin with out smiling yourself.

Check out those sweet, chubby toes!

We have been incubating chick eggs and they were supposed to hatch in time for his birthday, but they didn't.
That has never happened to me before with a healthy batch of eggs.
The place we ordered the chick eggs from gave us free chicks since none of our eggs hatched. 
So, a week after his birthday Pax got to play with some cute chicks.
Pax was in heaven hangin' with his "peeps":)










We planned his cake around chicks since he is so snuggly and loves all things cute and fuzzy:)


He loved eating cake and called it "cookie"
Pretty much anything sweet he calls a cookie:)





He probably think his name is baby because we all call him that so much:)

So, even though my baby is starting to slowly loose traces of babyhood, 
he will always be my baby.
And I can't wait to see what this year of his life will bring.
I am sure it will be one fun ride!










No comments:

Post a Comment