Friday, April 22, 2016

Paxton Is One?!?

My baby is one and this picture pretty much sums up how I feel about it:


Wasn't he just born?  A little bundle of cuteness with that intoxicating new born smell?
I have spent time today looking through photos of the day he was born.
(Paxton's new born post can be found here)
Last night I wrapped him up in a blanket, and rocked him to sleep
(which if you know me, you know I hardly ever do).  
It was heaven!
I sang and talked to him, watching Paxton play with his hair, 
and look up at me with those big brown eyes, 
breathing in and out, 
till his eyelids became heavier and heavier, 
and he finally gave in to sleep.
His last night as a baby.
Each milestone of his is bittersweet.  
I love watching my kids grow, learn and become who they were sent here to be.  
I can't wait to see what this little seedling of a person will grow to become.

But for now he is the perfect amount of chub, hair, and smiles:)
I love him! 
We all do!
He isn't even close to walking because let's face it, if he so much as makes a sound, all 4 kids come running to help him get whatever he wants.
He has no motivation to walk.
And that's ok with me:) 

True to his half-Canadian roots we had a little family party, "lumberjack" themed:
Flannel-check!
Lumber-check!
Flapjacks-check!
Maple syrup-CHECK!










But don't worry, we didn't deprive him of his first taste of cake.  We took a cookie cutter to the lower layers of pancakes to create a hole in the middle that could be filled with CAKE.








Paxton is the most peaceful, smiley, sweet, cuddly, easygoing baby and is just what our home needs.  
We feel extremely lucky to be his parents! 




No comments:

Post a Comment