Friday, March 25, 2016

Oaklyn's PINK Ballerina Party!


I finally got to throw a girly-girl party, and it was a dream come true!

Oaklyn has loved ballet since the moment I showed the kids a clip on youtube of the dance of the sugar plum fairies around Christmas time.  
She was mesmerized, and has lived in a tutu ever since...

Almost daily, she asks me if she can go to "ballerina school", 
so when I asked her what kind of party she wanted to help plan for her 3rd birthday, it was a no brainer.  
Not just a ballerina party, 
but a PINK ballerina party, 
and I couldn't have been more thrilled to do it!:)


She runs around the house and tells Dave and I that, "Ballerinas do this" as she strikes a pose.




She gets all her moves from her Dad:)

I had the BEST little helpers to get ready for the party

We made a barre

A very fluffy cake.  
After the party I gave Oaklyn the topper, and she twirls it around and takes it everywhere.




I made some gold crowns out of lace. 
Each of the kids got one as they came into the party.

One of my good friends Eileen, who was a professional ballerina was kind enough to come and teach the girls a little ballet, and bring her darling girls with her to help teach.
I have known her for a while, and it was fun to see her in her element.  
She is so graceful, and made it fun for the kids!

The girls were wrapped around her finger.  
It was silent as they danced around and followed her every move.
Very different from many of the boy parties we've had over the years.

Plus the costumes people brought were adorable:







Work at the barre:




They danced with roses and did sleeping beauty. 
When she tagged them, they woke up.


She explained the story of sleeping beauty.


Fun jack-in-the-box song
(We were so grateful Eileen took the time to come and teach)



And of course...Cake!




Lastly, they practiced their twirls in the jump house.






Each guest went home with a "BARRE"


Oaklyn's birthday interview:






Oaklyn has been an absolute joy to have in our family.  I am grateful for her everyday.
She copies everything that I do and likes to spend time with me.  She is also a Daddy's girl and Dave eats it up.  Oaklyn is full of life and loves to have books read to her.  She loves to eat(like her Mom), and sing(Also like her Mom).  I worried when she first came into our family that she would have to be pretty tough to have so many brothers, but she kind of rules the roost and the boys fall in line.  They would do anything for her.  I love what she adds to our family.  I feel so lucky to be her Mom!




















1 comment:

  1. You are such an inspiring mother! This is a darling party for a lovely little girl.

    ReplyDelete