Sunday, February 14, 2016

The Day of Love...A Little Early:)

Celebrating makes me happy, and I love Valentine's Day!
My church issued this 14 day Love challenge starting February 1st
I found it inspiring that people all over the world, of all different beliefs, traditions, and backgrounds were striving every day to love one another better.
Walmart had this string of hearts for 98 cents, and I added a few extra to make 14.  
We wrote the day's challenges on each heart and flipped over a new one every morning.  
It was fun to do, and hear my children reminding each other to put it into action!


February was a busy month.
Getting passports to get ready to go to Brazil to visit my parents.  
(We are hoping to go in June)

Doctors Visits:
Check ups, strep, ear infections, skin infections, 
you name it, 
we got it.

Playing at the library with cute friends.

Creating Things:
  This boy is happiest when he is building something.

New Toys:
We went through some boxes downstairs and Dave found his favorite childhood toys, his "guys", and passed them on to the next generation of McGarrys.
Easton especially loves them, and loves to tell me, 
"Dad took these EVERYWHERE when he was a kid Mom!"

Jump House:
Cold days jumping in our jump house to get some energy out, and let Mom get some laundry folded.


Making Valentines:
Paxton was the star of the kid's Valentines this year.

The kids worked hard writing their names and stuffing envelopes.


Oaklyn sent off kisses to family. 
She begs me to wear red lipstick, so I let her for this activity.
And she was in heaven!


The Valentines that were given out to the girls:
The Valentines given to the boys:
Landon said that the kids in his class thought his baby brother was so cute and all of them wanted to know if those were "real" kisses on him.

Paxton was so giggly during his photo shoot.  
He melts me!


Across the street lives our "Ohio Grandma"  She is 88 years old and is the sweetest, spunkiest old woman you will ever meet. 
She spoils the kids and we love her.  
The kids were thrilled that I let them out in a "blizzard" by themselves to hand deliver their Valentines to Mary.  

They got to cross the street and everything by themselves(I was watching from the window, trying not to be seen), 
and I could tell Oaklyn especially felt so special and grown up:)

There were dates:
Had to document the fun date night Dave planned ice skating and out for dessert because usually, after a long week, what sounds good to us is a date night "in", cuddling and watching a redbox.  This little Canadian was happy to get back to her roots!

Ice skating and dessert as big as my face?!?
Dave knows the way to my heart:)


Fun Care Parcels:
We got the most thoughtful care parcels from Grandma McGarry and our famous Aunt Anne.
The kids squealed with delight and they could not have come at a better time.  Dave has been working so much, and packages can really brighten our day/week!

Paxton had his first peep/sugar and I think he is going to have a major sweet tooth.

Incubating Chick Eggs:
They came!!! I am delighted to get to continue the tradition that started when I taught 3rd grade of incubating chick eggs with my OWN kids. Fingers crossed some hatch
I might be more excited than the kids:)



Valentines Celebrations:
We celebrated early because like I said, Dave has been working sooo much.
The felt envelopes had a small treat and a love note from Dave and I.

Heart shaped pancakes all around!

I left a note in Landon's lunch explaining that there would be a surprise for him at lunch time.

We showed up at Landon's school with a heart shape pizza and ate lunch with him.
My Mom would be so proud.  She dropped a heart shaped pizza off at our school every year and we got to share it with our friends.

I am pretty sure the pizza guy had never seen a weirder customer.
I ordered a regular pizza and wasn't sure how to cut it into a heart shape on my way to the school.
So, after I told the pizza guy my plan, and paid for the pizza, I pulled a butter knife out of my purse and used the pizza place counter to start whittling away and shaping my pizza.  
It wasn't cutting very well and so the pizza guy offered me his pizza cutter:)

All the embarrassment was all worth it for my cute little Valentines.

Presents and a love note for my true sweetheart.

There is a funny inside story to this picture from our first Valentine's Day as a married couple.  
But suffice it to say that I love everything about this picture.  
Dave wearing his coaching shirt and thoughtfully working away at making me some homemade chocolate covered cinnabears for a Valentines treat:)

My hard working Valentine!
 He worked a 30 hour shift all day Saturday and into Sunday(Valentine's Day)
Yet he still came straight from the hospital to church, and poked his head in the primary door to see how he could help ME even though I know he was exhausted.  
He took Paxton off my hands and brought the kids home from church so I could stay after and get some primary work done.  
One of the many many reasons why I love this man.  
(He did get SOME sleep in.  The kids wanted to make sure he felt loved and comfortable;)

Touching video on love:
















No comments:

Post a Comment