Thursday, July 7, 2016

Catch Up



This post is me playing catchup.  
I have sooo many photos that I have missed, so I am not going to worry about putting them in the right order, or long descriptions.  
They say a picture is worth a thousand words, lets hope that is true.
I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

In the Fall, we got our pictures taken by a good friend, and phonomenal photographer, Jen Talley.  She was wonderful with my kids and actually made family photos a pleasant experience.
She did a wonderful job!














I love this family of mine!

Landon had a Star wars birthday party with friends, but for our family celebration, we ordered him a giant doughnut cake.
19 fridge and stove boxes later, the conference maze was completed. The kids found their way through, and did not get lost by choosing doors with the prophets on them. Conference is a worldwide broadcast where the leaders of our church give sermons filled with inspiration, counsel, and love. It is one of my favorite weekends of the year!







This is what the boxes looked like all folded up and ready to go down to the basement.

I made these conference journals for the kids with tabs for the prophet and the apostles.  That way the kids could take notes for the next few conferences and look back to see what that person said at the last one.  The kids really liked them!
Easton's notes:
The tabs:
Landon's notes:
Oaklyn's notes(She told me this is a picture of Elder Holland:))

Shucking corn.  
The kids think its the most fun job ever. 
I like that they like it.

Easton told me to take a picture of his "serious moves".

Paxton's first time sitting up in a shopping cart.
Spoiled, I know!:)

Landon took it upon himself to share his wealth of knowledge and quiz Easton on his site words.  I though it was cute how serious they were both taking it.

"Watch me Mom!"  
And so I happily did one afternoon for quite some time!
That girl's got style.

A site word game Easton really likes called BAM.

Good morning!  Isn't his smile contagious?

The scriptures, it's what's for dinner:)
We put the scriptures on a platter as our center piece to remind us to read them at dinner if we forget our family scripture reading in the morning.

Park time during spring break.  

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Landon's President's Day paper.  
Very convincing, and not a bad idea right now:)

Happy birthday Dave! All your favorites for my favorite guy. Sticky finger salad and homemade cookie dough ice cream sandwich. Every year we spend together my love for you grows!

We ordered fertilized chicks eggs in Amish country.  
When we went to pick them up, we got a taste of what we had to look forward to.




This picture is so Landon.
He looked through the catalog for about an hour checking out all the different types of chicks you can order.




Ours finally, hatched after a rough first batch.
Meet Cluck Norris, Darth incubator, Cookie Crust, Nugget, and Gary McGarry

A boy and his chick.






Last conference, our leaders counseled us to spend more one-on-one time with our kids. 
This really rang true to me and is one of my favorite things to do.
I had been feeling like I needed to do more of this lately, but when they said it at general conference it gave me the push I needed to actually follow through.
However, as Dave and I talked about it, we couldn't figure out how to do MORE with his intense residency schedule, both of our church callings, and all the extra things demanding our time.  
One of the hardest things for me as a mother is feeling pulled in every direction. 
Sometimes you feel stretched thin between all the GOOD things out there.
It is difficult to know what is best for your family, and to try to prioritize and fit it all in.
Our answer to this question came to us in the most simple way.
We decided to do what we were already doing, but to take only one child with us as much as possible, and try to focus in on them and make it a date. 
That way it wouldn't add to what we already have on our plate, but ENHANCE it. 
This is my date to a baptism:)
We went together and talked and giggled all the way there and all the way back about life, school, friends and the future.  
I love babies, toddlers and every age really, but I truly enjoy talking with my children and having real conversations with them.  
Easton is delightful!  He surprises me and makes me laugh, and makes me think.
I am so grateful for simple answers to prayers and for a loving Heavenly Father who cares about giving us the desires of our hearts.
Spending time with my husband and children is my top priority and desire.

Oaklyn can fall asleep in the funniest ways.

She kept begging me to put hot rollers in her hair, so we did.



It pretty much made her the happiest!

Easter sensory bin.

I love this talk on Fathers! https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2016/04/fathers…. This was the scene at our house during that talk. You can't tell where dave ends and the kids begin!  At first, I tried to keep the kids over by me during it, so Dave could listen and enjoy. But they could not be kept away from their wonderful Dad. And after a while I stopped trying because I could tell he loved it too:) The quote from it that reminds me of Dave: "As a church, we believe in fathers. We believe in the ideal of the man who puts his family first. We believe that by divine design, fathers are to preside over their families in love and righteousness and are responsible to provide the necessities of life and protection for their families. We believe that in their complimentary family duties, fathers and mothers are obligated to help one another as equal partners. We believe that far from being superfluous, fathers are unique and irreplaceable." I hope Dave knows how grateful we are for all his love and hard work.

Play dough

April fools!
We told the kids we bought them each an "eyepad"

Landon's April Fool's trick for his teacher.
It's dried glue.

April Fool's lunch

Oaklyn's birthday dinner request was homemade pizza.
I made it in the shape of a 3.

Easton started swim lessons



On the way to Michigan to visit Tiff's and go to the temple.

Muffins For Mom with this Stud muffin.
I can't believe he starts kindergarden in a few months.

Mother's Day Breakfast with Landon.
I love being his Mom!


Lemonade stand and yard sale.

Landon's homework fan club.

Easton's last day of preschool.
He was more excited about kindergarden than Summer vacation:)

So many choices...

Fluffy hair, don't care!

Paxton's idea of "legs for days" :)



Twas a good nap!







No comments:

Post a Comment